Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Finally installed subframes....

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally installed subframes....

Well I finally installed my Kenny Brown subframes today. Yes, this shows how long I have had the things sitting in the corner since they have been not producing for the last several years. Anyway after about a two hour welding install and painting them up I took it off the lift. First I was glad it didn't sit funky or torqued so I was already happy. However when I took it for a drive it really didn't seem like they made that much a difference to be honest. I normally don't throw my car into the corners hard but from what I have always read it seems liek people claim an immediate improvement. Oh well I guess if nothing else I have convienent jacking points now.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont' think i really noticed a difference with my UMI's either.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the kenny brown DDs too and noticed a little difference when I put them on but nothing like the totally different car feeling people talk about.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah its funny... I noticed a big difference when I first put mine on. But I think it was just my imagination... or maybe they helped compensate a little bit for my crappy shocks.

Now that I have Koni's, I'm going to remove my SFC's because I think i'll actually get a more comfortable ride
Old 06-21-2007, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

That is one thing I noticed, because the car has less flex in it, it seems to ride harsher more then anything. One pleasent side effect I noticed, or maybe it is my imagination at work. The car seems to have about half as much wheel hop as it previously had.