Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Redline Power Steering Fluid

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Redline Power Steering Fluid

Just wanted to state how suprisingly well the Redline fluid has been working for me. By the end of last season for autox and the spectator drags, I would get whining after only 1 or 2 runs as time went on. I was contemplating a PS cooler or even just getting the TurnOne PS pump. I decided to try just a Redline fluid change first and then act if I get more whining.

I just ran 9 laps at the banked 1/3 mile Seekonk Speedway oval track last weekend in the spectator drags and not any whining whatsoever. It didn't even start to complain as I had to run more often near the end of the event and I thought I'd def get at least a little whine near the end. So just letting you guys know, give it a shot before jumping the gun on a new pump or cooler. It may save you 100-250 bucks.

I'm not doing any 20 minute session road racing so I can't speak for how effective it works on the stock pump. This is for autox and autox similar types of events.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good to know. A friend of mine and myself have autocross PS pump whine. We'll give this a shot.

Quick Reply: Redline Power Steering Fluid