Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Quick! How to rotate front Koni shock??

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick! How to rotate front Koni shock??

Tomorrow is my last day at home (with tools) before I go back to school and I just realized that the front springs are not properly indexed into the rubber pad.

I figure I can fix the indexing by compressing the spring a little and just turning the spring.

But my adjustment window is facing backwards. I figured out a way to adjust it as is but it is a pain. Can I rotate the shock if i just compress the spring without taking everything apart?

Thanks
Old 07-06-2007, 02:06 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by OldeSkool
Can I rotate the shock if i just compress the spring without taking everything apart?
You should be able to position the adjustment window to your liking as long as you compress the spring just a bit. I'm not completely positive, but you might also have to loosen the top nut, just enough so you can move the shock freely.

Good luck, that's probably the most tedious part of installing Konis.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had a shop put my Konis/springs back together. And of course they are facing backwards. Its a lil harder to adjust but it can be done. Ive only been under there once anyway.

Edit: My spring compressors sucked so I wasnt screwin with it. But if yours work just compress the spring and turn.

Quick Reply: Quick! How to rotate front Koni shock??