Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Who Manufactures Rotors Used by Midas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Manufactures Rotors Used by Midas?

I know most of you wouldn't buy your rotors or pads from Midas. I did and they are so far so good. Just curious if anyone knows who manufactures their rotors and ceramic pads?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Resident

I know the Midas' in my area are supplied by the local Autozones.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

When I was in a jam, I had my brakes done there. (Midas) I got the ceramic pads and the "best" rotors they offered. IMO it was a waste of money. In less than a year, I had that dreaded shake in my steering wheel when I hit the brakes. I went back there for the warranty coverage, and all they would do was turn the rotors. So I let them do that and it cleared up for a bit, and now it's back again in even less time. I have been ordering the parts recommended alot on this site, and am going to redo the brakes myself. Nobody loves my car like me. Also the car has not been to the track or any crazy driving, just some street time with a little heavy foot here and there.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ded71
When I was in a jam, I had my brakes done there. (Midas) I got the ceramic pads and the "best" rotors they offered. IMO it was a waste of money. In less than a year, I had that dreaded shake in my steering wheel when I hit the brakes. I went back there for the warranty coverage, and all they would do was turn the rotors. So I let them do that and it cleared up for a bit, and now it's back again in even less time. I have been ordering the parts recommended alot on this site, and am going to redo the brakes myself. Nobody loves my car like me. Also the car has not been to the track or any crazy driving, just some street time with a little heavy foot here and there.
If I could do them myself I would have. I too was in a jam, plus they are right next door to where I work. If they don't work out I will definately let everyone know. If they DO I will let everyone know too.

From the searching I did here, every brand of rotor has people raving about it and others complaining about how they warped in less than a year so I just went with what was close to work and had a warranty of parts and labor.

Quick Reply: Who Manufactures Rotors Used by Midas?