Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

DMS springs vs. Strano springs for track use

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 08:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DMS springs vs. Strano springs for track use

I have the prokit springs on now and want a stiffer spring that will be better for track use and I want my rear to sit higher then the prokit springs do so Im debating between strano and DMS. Ive read a few reviews on people running the DMS springs and they seem to be good for on and off track use but havent found any threads on people runnning strano springs at the track and how they preformed. I know strano usually tends to the autocross side so wasnt sure if his springs would be a good choice for track abuse. I do like the way his springs sit though from the few pics I have seen with them on.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:49 AM
TECH Junkie

First thing, the Strano springs are lightweight, so 1 point for Strano springs there...

The only info I can find on the DMS springs is from that springrate website. This is what I got:
Front rate: 325-630 Rear rate: 95-160 for DMS
Front rate: 550 Rear rate 150 for Strano springs

Street/roadracing/autoxing all go hand in hand as far as their setup. Strano springs can be used anywhere. You might dial a few things differently. From what I hear, progressive springs can never be dampened correctly. And those DMS ones seem kinda soft at the lower end of the rates.

Strano springs are also at the perfect drop for their springrate. DMS I don't know much about, but heard they are pretty low. I've read somewhere here that Koni doesn't recommend anything lower than a 1.5 drop on their front shocks to prevent bottoming out.

I'd say it's a no brainer. Strano springs just for the fact that they are lighter and have a good known linear springrate. At least they would put you at a good starting point for tuning your suspension. If you wanted to stiffen the front or rear up, you could consider Ground Control coilovers in the future.

I would also wait until Sam responds to this thread before making your decision. He usually has some extra tidbits of information that no one else does since he's tried tons of setups.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:20 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the good info. I dont really know a whole lot about spring rate so Im gonna do some searching on that to understand it better. Sam did reply to a PM I sent him and also gave me some good info. Im already running the Konis so these may be a good spring choice.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:23 PM
TECH Resident

anyone got any info to add to this...
Old 12-29-2007, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/836705-why-dd-black-cars-w-polished-rims-worth-work.html

Pics of the stance if your interested. I love the Strano springs. 550/150 rates really help the turn in aspect of the car. I still havn't found a single person that has got these and not liked them. Can't say that about 99% of the aftermarket parts out there...
Old 12-29-2007, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm running the DMS on mine. No rear droop at all. Similar stance to Strano. I tried to buy my DMS new but could not reach anyone at Dynamic. Strano is your best bet. I don't think dms is around anymore, I could be wrong.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran Stranos springs at Beaverun road race course last year, loved them. I have the konis too.

Quick Reply: DMS springs vs. Strano springs for track use