Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What is my baseline for my set up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 11:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default What is my baseline for my set up?

thanks to GREGGY(member name) from Boston, I am almost done installing ,my SA koni's and eibach prokit on the TA.

Now I set all the shocks to full soft.
With the choice in springs where should I set them?
I like a nice firm ride and I will not be doing any autocrossing or drag racing.
I mainly take her out on the weekends for some street a lil highway and some country roads.

thanks
Old 08-10-2007, 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

play with them til you find what you like. thats the beauty of it is you're not stuck with whatever rates somebody else picked out

rears are probably ok on full soft, maybe a half turn. maybe a turn and a half up from full soft.

fronts maybe start with 3 or 4 sweeps from full soft.

but if you find that your settings are either too soft or too stiff, change is just a **** and an allen wrench away
Old 08-10-2007, 10:39 AM
TECH Regular

I'm at 5 sweeps up from full soft on the front and 1/2 turn up from full soft on the rears.

I have found 4 up on the front to be not enough for my 550# springs 35mm bar, and 6 up to be perfect when warmer out...so 5 up is my compromise.

I started out at zero in the rear and ended up at 1/2 turn up with a 21mm bar an 150# springs. Any less seems sloppy to me.

Make sure your cold tire pressure are in the 28 to 32psi range cold, otherwise the ride goes away when the tires get hot. I like 29r/32f.

Also you need to get the alignment adjusted, once the springs settle in. Lowering will add neg. camber and toe-in. -.75 camber, +4.5 caster, zero to 1/16 toe-in is a good compromise of tire wear, handling and grip. It is ok to drive on it for a while, just be careful to feel her out. The added toe-in will make it very stable on the highway.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Greggy
I'm at 5 sweeps up from full soft on the front and 1/2 turn up from full soft on the rears.

I have found 4 up on the front to be not enough for my 550# springs 35mm bar, and 6 up to be perfect when warmer out...so 5 up is my compromise.

I started out at zero in the rear and ended up at 1/2 turn up with a 21mm bar an 150# springs. Any less seems sloppy to me.

Make sure your cold tire pressure are in the 28 to 32psi range cold, otherwise the ride goes away when the tires get hot. I like 29r/32f.

Also you need to get the alignment adjusted, once the springs settle in. Lowering will add neg. camber and toe-in. -.75 camber, +4.5 caster, zero to 1/16 toe-in is a good compromise of tire wear, handling and grip. It is ok to drive on it for a while, just be careful to feel her out. The added toe-in will make it very stable on the highway.

Thankyou!!
But what alignment specs do you recommend for a ws6 w/stock sway bars and eibach prokit springs?
thanks
Old 08-11-2007, 12:37 AM
TECH Regular

pretty much the same.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:51 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Greggy
pretty much the same.
Hey greggy what about the bump stops in the rear?
what do I do with those?
Are there any in the front?
cause I'll be taking them on tomorrow!
Thanks for youe help!!
Old 08-11-2007, 01:07 AM
12 Second Club

Also how far do I tighten the new nut of the Konis after I install the perch?
Then How will I be able to adjust the F/shocks after they are in?
Sorry for the stupid questions but My shocks didn't comw with instructions. bought them New but no paper work just sealed bags w/BS illustrations!!

Quick Reply: What is my baseline for my set up?