Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

shaking

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shaking

my 00 ss its got a shimmy at 65-70 itres are balanced but when i rotated them the outside of the pass. tire was worn pretty good any thought
Old 08-12-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tires can become unbalanced over time. It's also been my experience that very hot climates (+100 F) tend to introduce the same effect that unbalanced tires have at certain speeds. I don't know if the latter is true, but the tires I experienced this on had a few years on them but were definitely not on their way out.

You said the tires are balanced, but when were they last balanced?
Old 08-12-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

list everything that you've done or has happened in the recent past with your car?

new clutch?
hit any potholes?

you may need to have the alignment done, you may need to have the tires balanced again, maybe have them pulled off the wheels and switched from one side to the other (assuming directional tires) if you've changed anything else that rotates (like the clutch, driveshaft) there may be a need to have it checked for balance
Old 08-13-2007, 03:10 AM
Teching In

done nothing just rotated tires thne only year old but thats the last time they were balanced when they got put on.I thought maybe thats what it was but it still did it after i switched them around outta balance cause 1 tire to wear on the outside like?but if that was it why it still do it after i put the tire in the rear its for sure something up front
Old 08-13-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

im suspicious of your alignment

whenever i put new tires on, i immediately have the alignment done.