Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

anybody with Koni shocks and strano springs and TSP true duals

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anybody with Koni shocks and strano springs and TSP true duals

I wanted to know if there is really big clearance issues with this setup. I going to be getting TSP true duals and wanted to know if it would hit if i got Koni shocks and Strano springs.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes it will hit... if you go over a big enough bump.. but so will a stock y-pipe on a stock suspension car

in other words, it all depends on how much ground clearance you feel is adequate.

if you really do a good job installing the exhaust and tuck it up as high as it will go and maybe even mash it in a few places to get it real close you may loose no more than about an inch of clearance due to exhaust.. but of course you'll loose about an inch and a half from the springs..

so if you want a rough estimate, go measure the clearance between your y-pipe and the ground, subtract 2.5 inches and you'll be close

my best guess, you'll have 3.5 inches of clearance- maybe 4

If it were me.. I would decide which was more important to me, the springs or the exhaust... and do that first and then make a decision after you see where that puts you

in any case, the springs are relatively new... you may be the first to try this combo.. please post when you're done
Old 08-20-2007, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

lol, Im going to go with the exhaust because i like it alot. I am going to be getting TTM in black for my car with 315 in the back. I think it looks so much better when it is a little lower. The thing is i want to lower it but have great handling too. Thats why i want to go with the strano springs and koni shocks. I will have to see how bad it is with the exhaust and stock suspension.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Might I point out that if the exhaust is prone to dragging, any springs that are down around 1.2" will cause it, not just mine. Our springs are not super low, but they are lower than stock. Super low is bad for all kinds of things, but the least worrisome to me is if a poor fitting exhaust might drag.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Staging Lane

Sam I was looking at your springs because while I was looking around the forum and alot of people have them and say they are great for handling.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can still make these cars handle good without springs!

Konis
Sams front and rear bars
UMI adj panhard bar

Much better! You will tell a big difference, it depends on your goals and if you needing extra ground clearance or not

Quick Reply: anybody with Koni shocks and strano springs and TSP true duals