Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help....Torque Arm Dilema

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 07:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Help....Torque Arm Dilema

I am putting a Moser 12 bolt in my car in a month and I am trying to pick out a torque arm. I have looked at the UMI tunnel mount TA's, but a few people have recomemded against that because they mount to the weaker floor pan.

My other option is to but a trans mount that a full length TA can mount to. This option will cost a lot more than a tunnel mount TA.

Tunnel Mount-400
Trans Cross member, full length TA and DS loop-670

I have SLP Diamond frame SF connectors, so I can't use the BMR trac pac.
However, since I have these SF connectors, would that brace the tunnel mount TA enough to handle some low 1.5, high 1.4 60's

Help me decide what I need to do.

Thanks
Old 08-23-2007, 09:00 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I would recommend using a full length torque arm with a torque arm relocation kit. It will have the least amount of interference,ground clearance and noise issues. I have some packages for this you can PM for details and pricing. If you have any other questions regarding product line please feel free to ask.

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
Old 08-23-2007, 12:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Would your name be Brent by any chance? The number I got on your message is wrong (I probably wrote it down incorrectly). If you want to try me back, I'd be happy to help you, I just can't get a hold of you...... Of course, that's assuming you are Brent. If not, just forget this message.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion