Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

People Help Me Out On A Question !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default People Help Me Out On A Question !!

Ok on my 99 camaro i put brembo blanks (rotors) all the way around and new hawk hps pads for the front and back and also did the did the 30-20 mph and slow to 10mph several times for awhile to break the pads and rotors in but was wondering about smell? I smell i guess the new coming off them ??? anybody else have this happen i noticed it when i came home tonight ? somebody help me out dont want to ruin nothing thats new y'know..........help please!!
Old 09-02-2007, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

ok its not squealing or nothin (knock on wood lol) but after looking thru some old threads i might should have put some grease on the caliper pins and what else??? better yet where do you buy the kits that have the i think there called sliders and the little thin metal clips things at the ends of the brake pads ? what kind of grease do you use too and where you get it somebody help me freaking out!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 08:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go down to Autozone and pick up the parts. I'm sure they sell everything you need. If you can't find the metal clips that you are talking about (one on each end of the pad), just clean up the originals and put them back in. I bought Raybestos break pads and they came with the pads.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sills1
Go down to Autozone and pick up the parts. I'm sure they sell everything you need. If you can't find the metal clips that you are talking about (one on each end of the pad), just clean up the originals and put them back in. I bought Raybestos break pads and they came with the pads.
cool thanks man i appreciate it alot!
Old 09-02-2007, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mine smelled too when i was breaking them in too. I have the slotted and cross drilled rotors not brembo blanks. The smell will go away shrotly after the bed in procedure.