Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCAs and Panhard Rod

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AutoX Setup part swap

Currently I have the suspension mods located in my signature. The car, 02 Z28, is my daily driver (~100 miles/week) and I would like to set it up for some weekend autox/road racing events and was wondering if it was worth it to swap out my Spohn poly/poly LCAs and Panhard bar for something else. The only reason I put the bars on the car in the first place is because I pulled them off of my 90 Camaro before I sold it to my brother. After doing a great deal of research I have found that a poly/poly combo is not the greatest for handling. Will it be worth it to go from what I currently have to....

A. poly/rod UMI panhard bar + stock LCAs with 1LE style bushings or
B. poly/rod UMI panhard bar + poly/rod UMI LCAs
C. keep what I have because it is not going to really make a huge difference

Thank you in advance
David

Last edited by vjo90rs8; 09-11-2007 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:58 PM
FormerVendor

I like the feel of soild mounted parts for any vehicle you are going auto x or drag race. Much more positive feel and doesnt give like rubber or poly.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

rod/rod PHB is the way to go as it doesnt experience the shocks of going over bumps and is very tolerable on the street. Most people cant tell much difference over stock

poly/rod LCA's would be my choice, they don't bind like poly/poly and they dont hurt like rod/rod