Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help bleeding brakes/master cylider

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need help bleeding brakes/master cylider

I had everything apart and everything completley drained. I got it all back together and bled the brakes like normal. Is something else I should have done? I got them bled but, now it don't seem normal. by normal I mean; I thought you could pump the brakes and they got hard and stayed hard till you started up the car, but mine take a lot of pumping to get hard but then it only takes a few seconds and it goes to the floor again. There are no fluid leaks. I don't have the vacuum line connected to the intake but that shouldn't make any differnce should it? I don't have my intake on yet. Is there something else I was supposed to bleed?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you let the master cylinder go dry, then you need to bleed the master cylinder first, then do the rest of the system. If you go into the ABS when air was in the system, you will probably have to have the ABS bleed as well using a ABS scan tool.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the help. I forgot to say I don't have ABS anymore.

Anyway I figured out what I did wrong.
I put all the calipers on upside down and the bleeder valve was facing down and the air could not escape from the calipers. I feel really dumb now.LOL. I turned them all over where the bleeder valve faces up and rebleed them and now the pedal is firm.