Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

what kind of drop is best?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what kind of drop is best?

I use my camaro as a DD and I am wanting to lower it down. I am looking for a 2 inch drop but am going to run long to headers.Will this be a problem?Also what kind of shocks do you guys prefer to use?Thanks
Old 09-17-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's going to be hard to do. Most aftermarket springs for our car lower it between 1-1.5 inches at most. The ones that are like 1.5 or more like Sportlines usually have poor ride quality and springrates. The problem is your bumpstops won't allow it and eventually you will be on the ground. When you remove your bumpstops, you risk damaging your shocks and I'd think your handling would be odd (maybe not)

With LT headers, it all depends on how low you go, what headers you get, what springrates you have, what shocks you have, what kinds of bumps you are going over, etc, etc.... You can bottom out on stock ride height. It just happens less often. There's no magic number that will completely prevent you from bottoming out.

If your going to lower the car and possibly change springs, I'd definitely go with at least Koni SA's

Spend a few hours searching too. There's tons of info on this stuff and a lot of it has been beaten to death.

Quick Reply: what kind of drop is best?