80.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

break time! i mean BRAKE TIME

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default break time! i mean BRAKE TIME

ok so ive been reading around and ive narrowed it down to 2 choices. theres the stoptech st40 front big brake kit which is a 13" rotor slotted only with 4 piston calipers and will require a 1/10" spacer to clear my front CCWs and will cost in total $2150 or the cheaper and more bling corvette c6 Z06 14" rotors (upgraded to 2 piece 17lb units) 6 piston calipers and a 1/4" spacer to clear my wheels all earls stainless braied lines and will cost total $1500 with hawks pads. which would be best? right now bang for the buck and easy of replacement im leaning toward the vette brakes...and for rears as of now only powerslot slotted rear rotors unless there are any caliper upgrades that will not require a spacer and wont interfere with my rear whee loffsets.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the description of the stoptech kit, it seems, for the price, theyre not all to great. I think the C6 brake kit will look more badass. There is a member on here with a black LT1 bird with the C6 Z06 brake upgrade. talk to him. I'm sure hes pleased with the brake improvement.
Also, is the 1/4" spacer something that is pretty common for the C6 brake upgrade? Or is it only CCW specific? I've thought about the upgrade, and wonder if I'll need a spacer as well with my C6s.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

heres the thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...&highlight=Z06
Old 09-18-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by michaelg589
From the description of the stoptech kit, it seems, for the price, theyre not all to great. I think the C6 brake kit will look more badass. There is a member on here with a black LT1 bird with the C6 Z06 brake upgrade. talk to him. I'm sure hes pleased with the brake improvement.
Also, is the 1/4" spacer something that is pretty common for the C6 brake upgrade? Or is it only CCW specific? I've thought about the upgrade, and wonder if I'll need a spacer as well with my C6s.
from what ive read yes the 1/4" spacer is CCW wheels specific and i also read if you are using c6 rims they should work fine unless i was mistakin and it was for the c6 front calipers? im almost positive the c6 wheels dont need a spacer though and even if they did itd have to be something tiny like the 1/10"
Old 09-18-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by C Murda
from what ive read yes the 1/4" spacer is CCW wheels specific and i also read if you are using c6 rims they should work fine unless i was mistakin and it was for the c6 front calipers? im almost positive the c6 wheels dont need a spacer though and even if they did itd have to be something tiny like the 1/10"
Thanks. definitely something ill keep in mind. I have slotted rotors now and stock calipers with hawk pads, but they just arent cuttin it.