Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Best of both worlds

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best of both worlds

Okay maybe not, but I do want something that is nice on the street and good at the track (and also from the light).

Right now the car has:

G2 SFC, G2 LCA (adjustable), G2 PHB, KYB's up front (which suck), stock spring up front and out back with stock shocks out back, stock sways.

Right now have Nitto DR's so I'm not hard cornering, just kinda fast and the tires won't take much more. I don't care about a harsh ride/hard ride, but I don't want to go sailing with my yatch/car.

My original idea was Eibach Pro-kit and Tokico's, but after reading and getting some feedback, I called Sam's mother and spoke to her. I then thought about Sam's springs with KYB AGX's. I know that will provide a good ride and stiffer suspension, but will it be acceptable for launching and getting the *** end to squat?

I don't have a ton of money to put into the car or I would just full drag this one and buy another SS for daily use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Later
Old 09-27-2007, 03:54 PM
11 Second Club

ever thing about stock springs with koni sa's i think thats what im doing
Old 09-27-2007, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Haven't consider the stock springs, only for the fact that would like to lower the car a tad bit to get rid of some wheel gap.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:05 PM
11 Second Club

if you use teh lower5 perch on the front of the konis and the "hose" mod on the rear you can get about 3/4 in
Old 09-27-2007, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Now that maybe a workable idea, I may look into it as an option now.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran stock springs with Koni's for over 3 years. With some 35/22 swaybars, the handling was very good and ride quality was better than stock. That's right, the Koni's improve both handling AND ride quality. Launching wasn't quite as good as a dedicated drag setup, but I could get decent weight transfer on launch. I've recently upgraded to the Strano springs for another step up in handling, but the factory springs served very well for quite a few years.

The lower perch on the front shocks provided a nice drop on the front end. The rear isolator removal didn't drop quite as much as I'd like, but definitely better than stock.

My best advice, don't skimp on shocks. They're easily the most important piece of a well built suspension setup, and by far the weakest link of our factory suspension.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

X2! got the same set up and I love it. Koni SAs are the best but pricey. Stranobars and stock springs. Lower perch and hose mod.

Quick Reply: Best of both worlds