Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

so i modded the LG bracket

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so i modded the LG bracket

just finished modding the lg bracket... i opened up the PAB holes 2 mm more to fit the c5 PAB and 12.8" rotor this works fine.... so before i continue and buy parts .. do you think i can fit a c6 z51 PAB and 13.4" rotor using this... what about c6 zo6 monoblock... will the funny caliper position play a role or should i buy trackbrackets/umi brackets... remember once i cut that ear off the spindle the LG bracket is now useless to me
Old 09-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by greenherb
remember once i cut that ear off the spindle the LG bracket is now useless to me
I just did the UMI conversion tonight. A few days ago I got a set of front spindles from a junkyard, they were going to be $35 a piece but I had a truck full of junk and some '02 Z28 wheels to dump off so the guy let me pull the spindles and take them for free.

Long story short, you can always get another set of spindles.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 8a8mfh
I just did the UMI conversion tonight. A few days ago I got a set of front spindles from a junkyard, they were going to be $35 a piece but I had a truck full of junk and some '02 Z28 wheels to dump off so the guy let me pull the spindles and take them for free.

Long story short, you can always get another set of spindles.
true but im trying to keep materials cost and my labor time to a min.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by greenherb
true but im trying to keep materials cost and my labor time to a min.
Yea I hear ya, I got lucky on the free parts and my intention was to cut both ears off the spindles, smooth them out real nice, paint them, assemble them on the bench and swap them onto the car. BUT I ended up just chopping the one ear off of the spindles already on the car and got the swap done in about 2 hours.