Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

am i going to have bad vibrations???

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default am i going to have bad vibrations???

so im getting ready to tackle the suspenion in the next couple of weeks, heres what im getting... Im going with the eibach pro kit and some bilstein shocks to start it off. Im also getting a umi adjustable panhard bar, lca relo brackets, and lca's, here are my questions. 1, what would be the difference between the umi lca's and the double adj control arms? is it worth getting the double adjustlables? And 2nd, I really like my car low, i have 18 zo6 relicas on the way and really like the look from the pics posted in the sticky about lowered cars with the prokit. Is there a "better" spring than the prokit that will give me about 2" total lowering? any suggestions or help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

oh, Ive been reading threads about bad vibrations caused from incorrect pinion and ds angles, is there anything im mentioning getting that throws up a red flag to anyone about having these problems?
Old 10-03-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Poly/Poly LCAs will bind, you need LCA's that can twist. Poly/Rod will work. (This applies somewhat to the PHB but not as much in my opinion. but because of how the phb works, I usually suggest a rod-rod phb anyway) Off car adjustable is stronger than on car no matter whether LCA or PHB... Rod ends are always adjustable.. threading them into and adjuster, then into the tubing isnt as strong as just threading them straight into the tubing.

Stiffer LCA's and PHB's will always transmit more road noise and driveline noise into the body. When you get rid of those big fat rubber bushings, you get more noise. This is different from the severe vibration you get from a bad pinion angle. Nothing you're doing should give you bad vibration like that.

There are better springs in my opinion. Also in my opinion- 2" is too much of a drop for good performance. For any lowering spring out-of-the-box bilsteins are inadequate. Get bilstein revalves or Konis.

Quick Reply: am i going to have bad vibrations???