Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

No wheel hop... could I still benifit from a tq arm?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 07:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No wheel hop... could I still benifit from a tq arm?

My mods and times are in sig. I think I would get my best 60' if I just mash the gas and flash the converter on third amber, but that has resulted in wheel spin. Would I benifit from a torque arm even if I get no wheel hop?

I'm reluctant to get qa1's because my stockers have over 90K on them and their like 90/10's anyway, and I don't think it would be a cost effective descision.

Also, does unbolting the front swaybar at the track help a lot?
Old 10-04-2007, 03:17 PM
11 Second Club

to the top
Old 10-04-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

complete removal of the sway bar didnt affect my 60' performance at all, however you have more mods than i do.

i see you have no suspension mods in your sig, that's probably the reason you are spinning. if i were you i'd start with torque arm and lca's if drag is your main focus.

i would also suggest that when you line up, to at least brake stall a little to preload the suspension and drivetrain so that it doesnt recieve such a shock off the line. dead hooking that much torque with no preload is hell on a stock drivetrain.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sunset'01Z
complete removal of the sway bar didnt affect my 60' performance at all, however you have more mods than i do.

i see you have no suspension mods in your sig, that's probably the reason you are spinning. if i were you i'd start with torque arm and lca's if drag is your main focus.

i would also suggest that when you line up, to at least brake stall a little to preload the suspension and drivetrain so that it doesnt recieve such a shock off the line. dead hooking that much torque with no preload is hell on a stock drivetrain.

Oh yeah, I have BMR control arms, and relocation brackets.

Actually I do preload by footbraking to just above idle, 1200rpm or so, sometimes 1500rpm, never higher.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Adjustable front shocks and matched springs for drag racing should be 275#. 150# in the rear with an adjustable shock. Torque arm will help if it is adjustable to give you more intersection points. Also a anti roll bar really helps a lot. besides that I removed my front swap bar, it is useless on a drag car. You can also try a air bag in the right rear until you get an anti roll bar. Also do you run M/T street radials? They work great with autos, my friend runs 8.30's in the 1/4 with a 275 60 15.

Quick Reply: No wheel hop... could I still benifit from a tq arm?