Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Traction Control Off, Yet Brakes Still Come On..Help???

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 01:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction Control Off, Yet Brakes Still Come On..Help???

The other night I was out on the highway with a few buddies following, I had the TCS turned off and decided to punch it around 40k or so. They told me my brake lights were on while it was going sideways, then went off when the car straightened out. I did it twice and they said it did it both times.

Why would this happen? I had TCS turned off. I know for sure I didn't have my foot on the brake at all.

It's an 02 Trans Am WS6 with an A4.

Does anyone know? Help would be greatly appreciated ..THANKS!!
Old 10-09-2007, 04:18 AM
Teching In

That's not good, I have an 01' A4 WS.6 now I'm gonna have to get someone behind me and get sideways, with the TC off, you think I can get IDK...a local public servant to help me out with this? Hey officer, listen when I get sideways from punching it can ya tell me if my brake lights come on? kthx...

I have no clue as to why it would happen, someone with an in depth understnading of the TC will have to chime in, I would of thought that without a complete circuit (switch being off) it wouldn't be possible for it to work.

Maybe there is an override under severe conditions???

One thing you can try is see what happens when you try to light 'em up from a standstill, with both TC on and off, for me there's a huge difference.

If there is no difference in lighting 'em up, then I guess somehow it is staying on.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

I have heard of these symptoms before, but from what I remember, its not TCS that is causing the lights to come one. When TCS activates, it doesn't turn on the brake lights. You may have an issue in the brake light circuit such as a loose pedal or switch.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys! can anyone else throw out some ideas as to why it's doing it?

I've put it on TCS and it does work properly it kills the motor as soon as it starts to spin, but when it's off it lights them up fine but apparently my brake lights come on while it starts to go sideways.