Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

PHB Poly/Poly - adjustible?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PHB Poly/Poly - adjustible?

My aftermarket PHB (poly/rod-adj) causes the rear to be noisy. I beleive it is the "rod" end that makes the noise.

Anyway I see different combinations including poly/rod-adj. rod/rod, adj poly/poly-no adj. etc.

I don't see anyone who makes a poly/poly rod with adjustible length, however. I notice this is also true with rear LCAs. Wouldn't this be more functional and less noisy?

Is this a cost consideration or has someone tried this and it does not work well?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spohn has poly/poly adjustable panhard rods and control arms. They show them right on their website.

I've run their poly/poly adjustable panhard for years, but will be switching to a rod/rod since this car is no longer my daily driver and performance is more important to me.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:34 PM
FormerVendor

We sell the spohn poly poly adjustables. Urethane doesn't make the clunking noises rod ends can make but you have to keep them well lubricated or they squeak.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Most everybody makes poly/poly adjustable

But are you sure that you have everything tight? Do you have your rod ends at the axle and not on the body? If you have everything installed correctly and if your rod ends are good ones, you shouldn't have any more noise than you would if you had poly at both ends.

Poly/poly is not a good way to go. In fact it can be downright dangerous particularly on LCA's
Old 10-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OldeSkool
Poly/poly is not a good way to go. In fact it can be downright dangerous particularly on LCA's
I think that is a bit of a stretch...poly certainly isn't ideal for handling, but they aren't dangerous.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

We always recommend a poly/rod in this situation. The poly end of the panhard bar bolts to the chassis of the vehicle and is designed to absorb the roughness before it enters the cab of the vehicle. The rod end then bolts to the rear end of the vehicle to help prevent bind and allow the suspension to articulate correctly. We do not get any noise complaints on this item.

Take a look at the link and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

www.umiperformance.com/2022

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 10-16-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
I think that is a bit of a stretch...poly certainly isn't ideal for handling, but they aren't dangerous.
Well so long as people knew that it isnt ideal for handling. The problem is that people don't know that and then drive their car thinking its set up for handling and they may get themselves in a hairy situation.