Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Best alignment for %85 street/ %15 1/4 car.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best alignment for %85 street/ %15 1/4 car.

hey everyone, I've read the stickys but I didn't find what I was looking for. My car is not a DD but I enjoy riding around on the weekends. I go to the track about once a month after mods. What's the best alignment specs? I recently dropped my K member to replace rod bolts and am now in need of an alignment. I don't want to have to buy new tires every 6 months either so nothing too aggresive. What do you guys think?
Old 10-21-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Caster: Just dial in as much as the suspension will allow evenly. Probably around 4.5-5.0º. This will provide a better camber curve while turning with negligible affect on tire wear.

Toe: This is as much about feel as it is about handling and tire wear. Toe-in will make the car feel more stable at speed but provide a duller steering response. Toe-out provides better steering response but makes the car feel more twitchy at speed. Either way, keep the adjustment small for a street car. A sixteenth of an inch either way, or possibly even zero toe.

Camber: How aggressive is your street driving. Mild or wild, or somewhere in between? If it's mild, keep the negative camber low, no more than half a degree negative. If it's a bit wilder, dialing in up to a full degree of negative camber may be a better starting point. Either way, monitor your tire wear, and when you buy new tires, make any necessary adjustments. If the inside of the tire is wearing quicker than the outside dial the camber in closer to zero. If the outside is wearing quicker, you can add more negative camber.

FYI, your alignment settings will do nothing to improve your quarter mile times, but they can have a significant affect on how it handles, which I assume is what you're looking for here.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Caster as much as possible, camber 0* - 1/2* toe in 1/32-1/8"