Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Newly installed Line Lock leaks :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Newly installed Line Lock leaks :(

I got my line lock from SJM on Tuesday and Tim wanted to install it before the weekend so he could be sure everything would be a go for the first time taking the car to the track Sunday. With limited time after work he started last night and was finishing up tonight. We went to test to make sure it wasnt leaking before he bled the brakes and unfortunately it was leaking at the top and bottom where the lines hook into the solenoid. He used teflon tape and tried it without and each time it leaked. Everything is tight as it can be so there must be something wrong with the lines. It was too late to call SJM to see if they have any insight. Sucks because now I'll have to race on street tires.

I did a search on here but couldnt really find any info that helped
Old 11-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a tube of pipe sealant paste and try that instead of teflon tape,that is what I used on mine and had no leaks.Also you have to tighten the lines really good or else they will leak,have seen a lot leak from not being tight enough(mostly the Hurst line locks)
Old 11-15-2007, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

you have to teflon tape the **** out of it...a couple of my friends are running the same unit and had the same problem...
Old 11-16-2007, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the replies He did put alot of teflon tape on it. It's leaking however not from the threads but from where the pipe goes into the fitting. I did plan on calling SJM this morning to see what they had to say about it.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Update: I talked to Steve at SJM and he was really nice just like the last time I spoked to him about an order I placed. He thinks what happened is that possibly the brass fittings got bent if the lines were put in at a slight angle so he's sending out new fittings. Unfortunately they won't get here till Monday . If they were closer in PA to me I'd drive up there and get them but they're outside of Pittsburgh. He also said never use teflon tape on the fittings.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:57 AM
12 Second Club

I had same problem with hurst line lock and their install kit. The kit didn't even seem to fit well with my car. Let us know how the new lines work out, I am looking for a better install kit.

Quick Reply: Newly installed Line Lock leaks :(