Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need Advice on Suspension set up!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Advice on Suspension set up!

I have a buddy who has an STi and I can run him all day long down the 1/4 track. Now he wants to go on a track with turns, what mods could I do to make my car take the turns better...I'm planning on getting a eibach pro kit and maybe a strut bar brace,

what parts other then tires..

Thanks guys
Old 01-11-2008, 04:27 PM
TECH Junkie

If its autoxing and assuming your both equally the same driver, the STI should mostly always have the upper hand. Though if you learn how to drive better than he does if you go more often, you can get better than he is. Autox is way more about the driver than the car, especially if new to the sport. #1 mod, improve the driver. Everyone who autoxes their first time gets their *** handed to them by more experienced people. Very rarely have I seen otherwise

After that, shocks are probably the most important. Then springs, swaybars. Depends on what class you want to run. In any case you could put a lot of things way before the STB like a T2R differential, improving the brakes, getting good tires
Old 01-11-2008, 04:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I never next auto x'd before. It would be new to me. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2008, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go to Strano (sponser) website and prepare to spend if you are serious. Your car will handle sick and retain good DD characteristics. Tires/wheels(weight) also have a big impact on handling. Brake upgrades too. There is a lot too consider about making your car really fast around a track but I agree with the above "driver mod" as the most signifigant. If you can't drive better than him it doesn't matter what you have.

Quick Reply: Need Advice on Suspension set up!