Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

how to adjust lower control arms and panhead bar -

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to adjust lower control arms and panhead bar -

i have a 96trans am and i just put 18" z06 rims in the rear and adj.kyb shocks. i'd like to install these now but have no idea what to do. also i herd something about a meter ???? well were would i get that if i had to use it?
thanks
Old 05-01-2008, 04:34 AM
TECH Addict

If the car is lowered you will have to center it with the PHB. Easy method.... A dumb bob (essentially a weight on a string) from Home depot and a tape measure are the only tools you will need aside from wrenches and a jack.

You will want to center the rear with the weight of the car on the suspension. Use the dumb bob at the top center of each wheel well to measure how far each side sticks out or is tucked in. Then when you have your number adjust the PHB til they are as close to identical as possible.

The LCA's if adjustable will center you wheels in the wheel openings front to rear. You can use the tape measure to run across the wheel well, then find the center of the rim and take a measurement. Adjust the LCA til each rim is centered in the wheel well.

Drink a beer and kick back.

Oh and in reference to to gauge you were talking about earlier, you will need an angle finder for the T/A, to adjust the pinion angle.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
If the car is lowered you will have to center it with the PHB. Easy method.... A dumb bob (essentially a weight on a string) from Home depot and a tape measure are the only tools you will need aside from wrenches and a jack.

You will want to center the rear with the weight of the car on the suspension. Use the dumb bob at the top center of each wheel well to measure how far each side sticks out or is tucked in. Then when you have your number adjust the PHB til they are as close to identical as possible.

The LCA's if adjustable will center you wheels in the wheel openings front to rear. You can use the tape measure to run across the wheel well, then find the center of the rim and take a measurement. Adjust the LCA til each rim is centered in the wheel well.

Drink a beer and kick back.

Oh and in reference to to gauge you were talking about earlier, you will need an angle finder for the T/A, to adjust the pinion angle.
Very Informative...thanks alot....

Quick Reply: how to adjust lower control arms and panhead bar -