Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Single or double Adjustable Front Shocks (drag)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Single or double Adjustable Front Shocks (drag)

I am looking to buy some new front struts/shocks and springs for my car, and i don't know what to get. I want a good shock that i can go out on the weekends on the street and do some racing, and perform well at an actual track. I don't like buying stuff twice either so if have to spend a little extra money to get the right stuff i will. What brand do most guys run to? I know qa1's are good but what series is going to be best for me. The car is a weekend warrior, bring out on nice days, sees the track 5-8 times a year. I really don't care about how loud its going to be cause I already have a noisy rear suspension setup and front Umi lower control arms that are noisy too.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drag=QA1
AutoX=Koni S/A

Both will work well on the street but one will be better than the other depending on how you like to drive.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're trying to build the setup as double duty, you're not going to have the best for either setup (drag or road racing). Use the analogy of an all season tire, it’s ok in the summer and ok in the winter but won't perform anything like a summer performance tire or winter studded tire.

If you prefer drag oriented, I’d recommend Strange double adjustable shocks over QA1 which will perform very well for drag racing. I would be happy to help you with your setup. If you sway towards a road racing setup, the above mentioned post would be a good choice. There are other vendors who may chime in who could support you in that area.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Drag only, there isn't going to be any auto-x being done in the car at all. It doesn't have a front sway bar if that says anything. I guess what i am trying to say is what is going to be the best to get the car to hook on the street and at the track. I don't want an all track car either, the car does see the streets, i want something that is going to hold up on the streets, and perform well at the track
Old 05-13-2008, 02:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Then I'd suggest Strange's double adjustable for what you're trying to accomplish. You'll need springs as well. There's a few other options that you may not be aware of considering. Give us a call if you need more assistance.