Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Frozen caliper brackets? some help

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Frozen caliper brackets? some help

So i'm installing the slotted and drilled rotors that i picked up from BSI in the sales section (actually found them on ebay for cheaper, from the SAME seller somehow) And one of the bolts on the caliper bracket was frozen.. it wouldn't retract for ****. I tried beating it up, giving it a little lube but it wouldn't budge. So now i'm running 3 slotted and drilled and my front right side has my old rotor. Is there a remedy to fix it or do i have to buy a new bracket, which i hear only comes with a caliper as a set?
Old 06-30-2008, 02:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

you can buy a bracket seperately through napa. check napaonline.com
Old 06-30-2008, 08:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

if you have a torch you can heat it up and it will come free. I had to do this and it worked fine. It will take a lot of heat though. When I did this it started bubbling around the bolt from the old grease.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Teching In

When it happened to me I drilled a hole in the opposite side of the bracket and tapped it out, then epoxyed up the hole. Polish it up with some fine sandpaper, a little grease and you're in business.

Cheers
George
Old 06-30-2008, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Drill a hole on the opposite side.. wow. Never even thought of that. But before drilling holes, i'll try a little fire like RED WS6 suggested.. Hope this works. Having that one old rotor/shoes on is quite annoying
Old 07-01-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

On one of my cars 3 out of 4 had the same issue. I was able to get all but one out with PB blaster and a big wrench. One would not come out even drilling it. Napa ordered me one 3 tmies and never did show up. Advanced got me up but wrong part and they can not get the right part. I finally got a used on ls1tech and painted it and put it on.

These can be a pain lol.