Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

installing SPOHN front a arms....

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default installing SPOHN front a arms....

ok so i just put in my new CM Spohn k member new adjustable konis, new front sway bar and did the upper a arms and now im doing the lower a arms and im wondering when am i supposed to torque the a arm bolts (a arm to k member) down? do i do it with the front wheels on the ground and suspension loaded or just do it as they sit with the suspension fully unloaded? reason im asking is because the mounting slots on the k member for the a arms allow adjustment and i have no idea where they are supposed to be? with my suspension unloaded but everything bolted up my driver side a arm is mounted at a different location on the slots rather than my pass side a arm? is this supposed to happen?
Old 07-07-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

no one knows anything or has done front a arm swaps?
Old 07-07-2008, 11:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the middle of the same thing except that I am using the UMI k-member. It allows even more room for adjustment. For now until I can get the car to an alignment shop, I am just going to bolt everything down right in the middle and then go from there. If you live far away from an alignment shop, just have it towed if you are really worried about it.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

well not only are the slots big but my a arms are rod ends and adjust as well.... too much crap to adjust i just want it to all be bolted up right with no binding. im not one to trust ANY other person to work on my car but i guess i will have to search for a really reputable shop to do an alignment or maybe bring the car to a dealership.