Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Konis/Strano Springs Installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Konis/Strano Springs Installed

Finally after they sat in the garage for 2 months, I got the shocks, springs, and panhard bar installed (as well as new ball joints and tie-rods.) They set the front and rear to 4 turns from full firm. I drove the 40 miles home with it like that on Friday. I just set the rears to full soft, so tomorrow on the way to work I'll see how much better they feel. Besides the rear adjustment, the car drives beautifully. I like that I don't have to take turns like an 80 year old woman in a Town Car...Although my headers scrap horribly when I pull into my driveway now. I have pull in at like 1/2 of a mile per hour..

After the long winded explanation, the car is awesome now!
Old 07-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you get 4/3 or 4/4?
Old 07-27-2008, 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-28-2008, 06:13 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Man, the clearance on those Hookers must suck.... Sorry to hear they drag a little, but damned glad to hear you like the way the car drives.

Play with those shock settings a bit and see if you can dial into anything you might like even more!

FWIW, he must have 4/4's given they way he said the shop set the rear up. But, they can't be "4 turns" down from firm in the rear. There is only about 2.25 turns of adjustment back there. They are probably 4 half-turns which is about 1/4 up from soft and a pretty good place to try (if I'm right in my assumption).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: Konis/Strano Springs Installed