Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lca help..

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lca help..

im look to get better traction, im thinking about getting a lca. only reason i haven't bought one yet is that im not very knowledgeable about lca's. explanations about them would really help.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:23 AM
TECH Addict

basically it works like this-

tubular or boxed with polyurethane bushings are good for daily drivers or drag cars. they're cheap, they help with straight line traction, and they're quiet. only downside is they dont let the rear end flex when you take turns so it creates "bind" and puts added stress on parts.

rod ended control arms are great because they allow the rear to flex in turns but they make a LOT OF NOISE. the higher end ones don't make as much noise, but many people still don't like it. i would recommend these only for cars serious about turning.

if you plan on lowering your car you'll want either adjustable arms or relocation brackets to help correct the angle of the rear end after you lower it. single adjustable you need to take off the car to adjust, double adjustable can be adjusted on the car. relocation brackets just mount the arm lower to correct the angle.

i have UMI non adjustable tubular lower control arms with poly bushings on my car and so far i love them. they don't make noise and they completely eliminated wheel hop. really don't have any major complaints about bind.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

A set of replacements control arms will reduce the flex and bushing deflection found in the factory control arms. The factory control arms are stamped steel with soft rubber bushings (which dry rot and crack over time), when you go to launch on a set of factory arms they flex and move causing wheel hop and tire spinning.

We can set you up with a set as low as a $109.99, they are fully assembled with grease-able Energy Suspension bushings and come powder coated red or black.

Another item you may want to consider for traction is a set of control arm relocation brackets seen in the links below, these are a very inexpensive traction upgrade and work very well on both lowered and stock height vehicles.

www.umiperformance.com/2010
www.umiperformance.com/2012

If you have any additional questions please ask and I will be glad to help.

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 08-04-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

can i bolt these on in my garage or will i have to take it to a shop to put this on?
Old 08-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Launching!

you can do them yourself no problem, just make sure you're on flat ground.

i made the mistake of trying it on what i *thought* was level. not so much. just required a little more muscle though.