Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

front suspension question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 09:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default front suspension question...

well after alot of research i realized umi is the best for a front k-member however my research is leading me to mix reviews on if i should get lower front a arms. i know the upper a arms only get 20% of the force and the lowers get 80%. so imo its a waste of cash to get aftermarket uppers however is it worth the cash to get the lowers for the 8lb in savings and strength?
Old 08-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard on hear that aftermarket a-arms in some cases are the same if not heavier than stock and that stock is plenty strong as is.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BIG_T
well after alot of research i realized umi is the best for a front k-member however my research is leading me to mix reviews on if i should get lower front a arms. i know the upper a arms only get 20% of the force and the lowers get 80%. so imo its a waste of cash to get aftermarket uppers however is it worth the cash to get the lowers for the 8lb in savings and strength?
I weighed them for ***** and giggles, 8.2 lbs off the car. Well made, and strong. If you have alot of miles on your car, it's a good Idea IMO, since it replaces 3 parts that do wear out. Lower ball joint, and two bushings... Im glad I did what I did, when I removed my rear a arm bolts, one snapped off, it was rotted down to 1/4 its original size. Seems that water laid in on both, both rusted, 1 snapped. Would have not been cool had it done that at 125 mph at the strip. My car only has 60,000 miles btw..