Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

do we need the atermarket shock for aftermarket spring

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do we need the atermarket shock for aftermarket spring

i got eibach proline springs, some shop told me that i need aftermarket shocks in order for them to install the spring for me.

they say with stock shock and aftermarket springs will flip my car. they did not install the springs in.

i just wonder anyone has any problem with their stock shock and aftermarket springs combo or not?
Old 01-03-2004, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ttt...
Old 01-03-2004, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will try to answer your question from what i have learned so far in the past few weeks here.
1. No you wont flip your car by installing the springs.
2. No you dont NEED aftermarket shocks

But here is the deal with our cars. The stock shocks suck, to put it plainly. The stock shocks can not handle the stock springs. Therefore, by putting a more aggressive spring on your car you are not going to get the full gains out of the spring with the stock shocks. The shocks cannot dampen them. So, as it was preached to me, it is better to upgrade the shocks then it is to upgrade the springs as a first mod if you can only do one. Or do them at the same time. I recommend you contact Sam Strano or LG motorsports. Both companies will set you in the right direction depending on your needs.
Scoobs

Quick Reply: do we need the atermarket shock for aftermarket spring