Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 06:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Here we go for Texas U.S. Senate

http://www.williamsfortexas.com/issues

Michael Williams on the Issues
Michael on the role of government:

We are made in the image of God and endowed with rights inherited from Him. Government’s primary responsibility is to advance the cause of freedom and promote, protect and secure the inalienable rights that were endowed to us by God. As such, the proper role of government is both limited and subordinate to man. In its proper role, the federal government would refrain from usurping the proper functions that should be performed by state and local governments—who are closer to the people. The federal government would assist individuals and institutions more immediate to the people only when the latter cannot fulfill their proper functions.
Michael on immigration:

America is a nation of immigrants. We value legal immigration, control of our borders and ending illegal immigration. Border control is a matter of national security. Amnesty is an affront to the rule of law. To reduce illegal immigration, we must secure the border first with both physical and virtual fences as well as more patrols; aggressively enforce sanctions against employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants; immediately deport immigrant felons; require applicants for a temporary work visa to return home and maintain a tamper-proof identification card. We must end the cover provided by lawless sanctuary cities to illegal immigrants.
Michael on citizenship:

Coming to America should be about more than just coming for a job. Coming to America is about coming to be an American. In order to gain citizenship in the United States, new immigrants should be required to learn English.
Michael on the environment:

We have a moral duty to be good stewards of God’s creation. We can have a strong economy and a healthy environment. But that requires pro-growth energy and environment solutions. Pro-growth energy and environment solutions – those that rely on innovation, entrepreneurship and new technology—will yield more clean, affordable and reliable energy for America’s families and businesses.
Michael on energy security:

On energy, our motto should be “all of the above”. We should drill for more American oil and natural gas here in America. We should accelerate the commercialization of clean coal technologies with carbon capture and storage, build more nuclear plants to reduce carbon emissions, and expand the utilization of alternative and renewable energy sources. Energy efficiency and conservation advances our energy security because every kilowatt we do not consume is a kilowatt we do not have to generate.
Michael on the federal income tax:

The federal income tax system is unfair. We should eliminate death and capital gains taxes, move to an optional single rate flat tax, allow the investment in new equipment to be written off in one year and make permanent the research and development tax credit.
Michael on faith in the public square:

The separation of church and state does not mean that there can be no reference to God in government-sanctioned activities or on public grounds. Our children should be allowed a moment of silence to pray if they desire. Crosses or other religious symbols should be able to remain on public property and the phrase “One Nation Under God” should remain in the Pledge of Allegiance.
Michael on the Second Amendment:

The 2nd amendment is clear. I have never understood the wisdom of restricting access to firearms by law-abiding citizens as if that will also keep guns out of the hands of people already predisposed to committing crimes. The 2nd amendment, and its free exercise by law-abiding citizens, makes our communities safer. And I am proud to be a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association.
Michael on math and science learning:

In 2001, the bipartisan Hart-Rudman Commission on American National Security stated that the second greatest threat to national security, following only the use of weapons of mass destruction against American cities, was the failure of math and science education. Inspiring the next generation of scientists, technologists, engineers and mathematicians (STEMs) is central to American prosperity and our national defense. American students must, once again, lead the world in math and science.
Michael on abortion:

The Declaration of Independence states, “we hold these truths to be self evident”, namely, that we are all created equal and are endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable rights, the first of which is the right to life”. Life begins at conception. We should vigorously oppose abortion on demand, embryonic stem cell research, partial birth abortion, and allowing babies who have survived an abortion to die. As people of compassion we must defend the rights of the most vulnerable, the unborn. With millions of couples seeking to adopt a child, we must do everything possible to encourage life.
Michael on the war on terror:

Al Qaeda, Iran, Hezbollah, Hamas and similar terrorist organizations pose serious threats to the United States. We must help defend America and our allies, remain vigilant to survive an attack on our soil and defeat our enemies.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:41 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

Get some!!
Old 08-27-2009, 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HTX
Get some!!
Do you like him?
Old 08-27-2009, 05:49 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Shackleford
Do you like him?
lol. i dont know him. I do agree with alot of the statements that i just read.

Im assuming you dont?
Old 08-27-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HTX
lol. i dont know him. I do agree with alot of the statements that i just read.

Im assuming you dont?
No. I do. I like a lot of what's written there. Hutchison was nearly useless, so it wouldn't take much to get someone better than her.