help me find a good Desk Top

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default help me find a good Desk Top

Hello People,
Im not too up on the computer stuff and need your help.
I am looking for a nice Desktop PC for school/ office/ work use. It needs to have lots of space for storage of pictures and videos and also a nice flat monitor of good size.
If you can also recomend me a all in one printer I would appreciate it.

Please tell me why you picked what you picked and also post the link where you found it.
I am having a hard time bc I dont know what I need to look for.

David
Old 09-03-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218092152998

hey man,

i dont know **** about computers either but I have been looking at this one because I need a new computer too.

i hear the package deal that includes the 23" asus monitor is nice too.

i'm getting an HDMI cable and using my TV as my monitor to save some $$$

also, if you buy from BBY, you get a brother's printer for 40 bucks, at least you do at the one i shop at.

the link below contains a review on the computer and could point you in the right direction if this one is not the right one for you.

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/asu...?tag=mncol;lst

you can also get them to swing and education discount if you twist their arm a little.

ANY INPUT ON THE ABOVE COMPUTER WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
Old 09-03-2009, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out www.newegg.com
best website for comp stuff, built my computer for about 1k, if your not looking to spend that much or build your own they have pre made systems
Old 09-04-2009, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If he doesn't know much about pc's, I think newegg would just confuse him.

I would say get a monitor for around 150, can find some good ones for that. PC wise find something that has a dual core (amd phenom II, amd athelon II, or intel dual core duo). I would say processor speeds of 2.5 and greater. Ram no less than 2 gigs ddr2, keeps the bus speed mid high, and not overpriced. The acer jdoyle posted is good, but I think a quad core might be over kill for you.

You looking to play games, and how much you want to spend?
Old 09-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Banned

http://www.conns.com/computers/deskt...er-bundle.html

this is plenty desktop for anything you want to do and a very decent price.

or you can buy this tower and add a monitor. This is a pretty bad *** tower. I have a quad processor HP and its an incredible computer. The only downfall is its not a Quad Processor but for the moderate computer user it would probably be enough.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....rd114600050013

theres a good deal right there. Thats plenty of harddrive space a quad processor and a great looking monitor. After having a dual processor and a Quad I will tell you a quad is much better and works faster. You want the most RAM possible and 1Terabyte of memory is PLENTY!!! I have a 500gb desktop and I use it for business,video editing, many 10meg pictures and I havent put a dent in it. The model number I have just in case you are wondering is a HP model number A6700Y. It has 4gb of Ram and a AMD Phenom 9150e Quad-core processor. So far its been the best computer I have had. I have had a ton!

is that within your range? If so one of those should suit ur needs. I am going to say if it were me I would go with the last one.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you were in my area, I'd build you one watercooled with 8GB of RAM, a 4.3 Ghz Intel processor, an EVGA GTX 285 FTW graphics card, an EVGA 780i mobo, and a 1.5TB HDD for $1500, including 20" HDMI monitor, keyboard, mouse, and.... Vista64, and... COD5
Old 09-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Staging Lane

Dell Outlet: 20% off any Inspiron 545s or 546s Desktop. Exp. 9/7 or after 1500 uses

Use coupon code LDD5DZ33MZ6JL7

-Erik
Old 09-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Banned

Buy if all from Newegg.com. Hands down buy everything you can HP.

I recommend instead you get a 10" screen Hp Netbook so you have small portability and internet just about anywhere on campus.

Pickup a WD Passport Hard drive for small format portable storage.

Then for your place buy a nice 1TB or 2TB external hard drive for your school work (****!) storage.

And instead of a flat panel LCD monitor buty an entry level projector, use a sheet of melamine as a screen. F* that 24" monitor **** people are always howling about... I'm talking 4ftX8ft screen min. Also can be used as your new TV!

All should cost the same or less than a goofy home pc setup. You get portability, storage, and a monster ***** sized screen to put other home computer/TV systems to shame.

This is the 2 Tightwads Racing way to do things anyhow!

Last edited by 2Tightwads; 09-04-2009 at 10:32 PM.