Help with cam!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 01:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help with cam!

Hello! Okay so I have a 2002 WS6 Trans Am (stock and automatic) that I purchased recently and I want to put a cam in it but don't want to get a stall right now so it needs to be one that can handle my stock stall. My car is a daily driver but I still want a cam that will be loud and have awesome performance and a semi rough idle, nothing wimpy. I do not know much about cams and do not know which one to get that is the best bang for the buck and for my car. Also I am going to put headers and a y-pipe on. Any suggestions?!
Old 09-09-2009, 01:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a stall or a z06 cam. Lumpy and stock stall dont work together. It will try to push through the brakes at stops.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:51 AM
On The Tree

Any reputable vendor like Texas Speed and Performance, G-Force, LG, etc...Will be able to recommend a cam to suit your needs.

Being that your auto, you'll probably be in need of a tune to make sure its going to be somewhat driveable. My 6spd ws6 would have been driveable for the most part without the tune, but its not that easy for autos.

But honest I'd wait till you have longtubes/ypipe done, and maybe even the stall so you can have it dialed in all at the same time....

BTW...noodz plz
kthxbye
Old 09-09-2009, 01:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No sense in stabbing in a cam now...wait until you can afford to do it right. Get everything matched up then install it all/tune it over the course of a couple weekends.

You know once you get the stall you want, you'll want to swap to a bigger cam. Why do it twice?
Old 09-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Teching In

very true. Good advice