boging

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 09:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boging

ok i just a 99 camaro v6 auto changed my plugs and wires did a oil change cleaned off my o2 senser and changed my maf ( had a really bad stutter before) now when my temp gauge gets to about 150 i bog real bad every time i give it gas ideals good i throw it in nutral and rev it up it great but if i but it in gear and give it gas it starts choking out and the more gas i give the more power i lose even my lights go dim engine light is on and i got it read the print out say's i have some kind of mis fire or its a vacuum leak,injector fault,ignition system fault or a high low fuel pressure im new to the camaro thing and any help would be great
Old 01-19-2010, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

bang on your catalytic converter and listen for a rattle like marbles in the case. I have had a piece of the catalyst break off and turn sideways blocking exhaust flow. I'm not definate, but pretty sure that this is your issue. Mine happened on a v6 firebird but I have seen it on several other cars. Just need to get the cat replaced, or striaght-piped/gutted.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:48 AM
Teching In

i got no cats but i did gho and get my check engin light cleared to see what happen s light came back with 1 code said i got a leak in my gas line gona get it smoked to day to see if it fixes the prob i also found that if i let it warm all the way up it don't give a problem not sure what thats about but hey i'll take it for now