Has anyone used these seat covers......?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Has anyone used these seat covers......?

Has any one bought replacement seat skins from this company. Its vinyl, but 400.00 bucks for the whole set..I was thinking for my Ws6.

http://www.classicindustries.com/con...CategoryId=569

Last edited by SLV_WS6; 02-03-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's out of stock...
Is a "set" all 4 seats or just the front 2?
Old 02-03-2010, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
It's out of stock...
Is a "set" all 4 seats or just the front 2?
Its for a complete set, they are made upon ordering and it takes 2-4 weeks for them to make them. The covers are stitched and ready to be installed over your existing seat frames and foam. They told us when placing an order to ask for any specials because they will not mention any specials. Last months special was 15% off any item and free shipping over 500.00.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Forget that, these people have better covers for the same price, and their customer service is great.

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/
Old 02-03-2010, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kyles2000z
Forget that, these people have better covers for the same price, and their customer service is great.

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/
How are they better? Have you bought any from hawksthirdgen, or have you ever delt with classic industries?
Old 02-03-2010, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at those too but vinyl is going to smell like vinyl and leather is going too smell like leather thats the only thing holding me back for the vinyl. i need new covers bad!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

After a while that nice leather smell goes away..i like it too but leather is so much more and without going to a custom Upholstery shop and for what people are wanting for there used seats is crazy. I havent been able to find exact replicas online. We have vinyl in our boat and suprisingly it smelled really good when it was new and is very soft to and its an 05 Supra. I am going to order a set in the next few weeks, just cant decide which company to go with. I bet they order them from the same company for there prices to be basically the same. When I called Classic Industries this afternoon they were great on the phone and answered all of my questions and were very helpful.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do they do custom work? Like say different color inserts, two-tone, etc?
Old 02-03-2010, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV_WS6
After a while that nice leather smell goes away..i like it too but leather is so much more and without going to a custom Upholstery shop and for what people are wanting for there used seats is crazy. I havent been able to find exact replicas online. We have vinyl in our boat and suprisingly it smelled really good when it was new and is very soft to and its an 05 Supra. I am going to order a set in the next few weeks, just cant decide which company to go with. I bet they order them from the same company for there prices to be basically the same. When I called Classic Industries this afternoon they were great on the phone and answered all of my questions and were very helpful.
I've spent lot's of money with Classic Industries good co. to deal with. I know leather is 900-1200 bucks, too much money for me right now. Keep me updated when you get, like to know the outcome...
Old 02-03-2010, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

I will post up pictures when I get them installed.

As for two tone Im not sure about Classic Industries you might just have to call and ask. Katzskins does two tones, flat, perforated you name it they can do it, but you pay for it.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

I have the seats covers from Hawks in my car. IDK what you're talking about with the vinyl smell......vinyl has no smell. I like vinyl better than leather for many reasons...

-CHEAPER
-doesnt crack like leather
-isn't as hot as leather in summer, or as cold as leather in winter
-softer (they have thick foam behind the vinyl and its a much better feel than stock covers)
-customzable 2 tone, houndstooth, whatever
-did i say way CHEAPER?

You can install these yourself in your garage with only simple hand tools, spray adhesive, MAYBE a cheap heat gun, and hog rings and hog ring pliars (comes with kit).
Old 02-03-2010, 10:42 PM
TECH Junkie

I have the hawks kit in my T/A. i ended up spending around $900 total including install because i had a shop sew in the side bolster pieces from my old T/A seats. othe than some light wear marks on the bolster and on the drivers side headrest from the seatbelt they look perfect still after a year and ~ 5k miles. they almost feel more like leather than the factory leather. the factory leather feels hard and usually cracks and this feels much softer. I did the back seats myself but i had a shop install the fronts due to the sewing.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was going to buy some seats from six liter eater . Has any one got seats from him ?