!!!! Gotta ? on what to do on this trade

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!!! Gotta ? on what to do on this trade

Whats up guys I have a question on a trade that was offered to me this evening, I had an offer for a 55 chevy hardtop car not a post he has a 80% complete car for a pretty good resto frame off clean title not painted 350 engine 4 speed borg warner mini tubbed straight body 4 wheel disc conv. long story short its all there well i have an 07 gsxr 1000 thats fully custom for a straight across trade i have stretch lowered custom paint, seat, grips, tune nitrous with 17000 miles now my question is if i dumped money into the car, such as replace 350 with a nasty 6.0 that i have, and finish the car correctly what is my outlook on finding someone to buy it? I mean i like the car personally but if u could tell me what your own opinions of the car and trade r please be blunt i dont want something that in the future is going to be hard to get rid of if needed to. all comments welcome thanks !
Old 03-22-2010, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Your bikes value will steady drop regardless of how custom it is. At the same time if this car needs paint/body work,upgrade motor, interior etc. Get ready to shell out some $$$$$. Keep in mind is all the chrome new. What about the glass. Me personally I would do it. You gotta look at the big picture and how much coin you can/will drop on it. Not just that it's a 55 with a 350 4speed mini tubbed car.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go for it as your bike will lose value every day as the car will gain value. As long as the body is straight you shouldn't have any trouble. I don't know anything about 55 Chevy's but generally interior is cheap and easy to do yourself.

Look around on ebay and see what they are going for and if it would be worth your time.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:52 PM
TECH Resident

My dad put about 30k into his frame off 55 chevy. Things get really expensive really quick. I would do it in a heart beat. Those cars are getting harder to come by and they do hold their value well. You could always buy another bike down the road and do the same thing but its not everyday that you come into a 55 chevy.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree, your bike will depreciate, How many straigh tri 5's you see out there? I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Teching In

thanks for all the inputs i found out that it actually has a 454 450hp engine with 4 speed borg brand new smoked glass new stainless no rust very sharp lookin car all suspension has been converted to poly bushings new springs im like u guys the more i thought about it i would kick myself in the *** for not doing it, the thing that i was most concerned about is why he is wanting a straight up trade for this nice *** car that is worth probably 6,000 bucks or much more than my bike but he says its a clear and clean texas title in hand let me know if u have a diff opinion on the subject then the previous guys thanks to all who commented