Machine shops in Tyler

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Machine shops in Tyler

Just wondering if anyone knew of any decent machine shop/rebuilders in Tyler. I don't need anything fancy just get a shortblock I have freshened up and mic'd/checked. It was a good running motor when pulled. I don't think I want to spend alot on a custom monster motor at this point. I would rather spend my allowance my wife is giving me on a good head/cam setup. Its going to be another fun car not a daily or anything.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bills02raptor
Just wondering if anyone knew of any decent machine shop/rebuilders in Tyler. I don't need anything fancy just get a shortblock I have freshened up and mic'd/checked. It was a good running motor when pulled. I don't think I want to spend alot on a custom monster motor at this point. I would rather spend my allowance my wife is giving me on a good head/cam setup. Its going to be another fun car not a daily or anything.
Try higginbotham I've dealt with them for many year and do good work.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

Thanks, they were on my list to call. The worst thing about moving to a new place is losing all your contacts and regular places .
Old 07-18-2010, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

Well I am going to be looking for a good tuner around Tyler soon as well, any recommendations. I don't really care about Dyno tuning at this point just street tuning. I will have a wideband as well for monitoring. Its been years since I really delved into tuning and don't particularly feel like relearning it right now. I think I bought my HPTuners cable back when they started lol.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a friend, Kyle...lives in whitehouse. Very good at tuning. uses Hpt and knows all about it of course. Tuned my car a few years back and was helping me on some stuff lately. You might see a flood of some SC colbalts running the streets in tyler...most of them were tuned by Kyle. He has tuned plenty of F-bodies also including a TA with a ms3 cam that has put over 70k miles on since that cam and his tune. His screen name is "Txredss". Shoot him a Pm to see if he will tune your car for you. If he cant, hit me up and I will see if I could squeeze some time enough to tune it for you.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:05 AM
On The Tree

Cool, thanks for the info!