got a problem with the ss look and try and help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default got a problem with the ss look and try and help.

hey fellas and ladies. i dunno where to start looking. my inner and outer tie rod on my ss drivers front side is/are done. they are fucked. i know i need to replace that but now when i apply the brakes to come to a stop im gettin a grinding noise. i just replaced both front rotors and put brand new ceramic pads on so what gives???? could tie rods make this noise? i dont even know. please help so i know what to fix....... if you live near garland ill pick you up and we can take a ride.....need someone to help me pinpoint this issue. thanks.-Justin
Old 06-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Im located off of duck creek and centerville. Whens a good time to check it out for you.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:31 AM
Staging Lane

YOu sure it isn't the rear brakes you're hearing?
Old 06-28-2010, 12:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

it could be the hub, mind went out on my truck and it was LOUD! take the wheel off and brakes and see if it still makes the noise... mine made it all the time though but my truck is quiet so i could hear it a lot better, iunno how loud your car is... just something to check.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

If its the hub, another way to check is to jack the car up till the wheel is just a few inches off the ground, then use a pry bar to pry a little motion on the wheel. use the pry bar perpendicular to the car and parallel to the ground, If the hub is bad then you should get some movement