Dare I?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Dare I?

Conundrum:

I have enough money to buy another car and my wife wants to drive it.

It's an 03 Accord with LOW miles.

Currently, in our possession we have a 00 WS6 and an 09 Silverado 4x4 (really nice, only 30k miles, everything but leather) - I love them both.

Should I:

A) Use the money to pay off the T/A?

B) Be smart, sell the T/A and buy the Accord; I'll drive the truck?

C) Buy the Accord, keep making payments on the other two vehicle - Get both the T/A and the truck to drive whenever I please!

We can afford to do any of the three options and my wife is ok with whatever. What do you think? Should I be responsible? Keep my F-body? Sell the F-body and drive the truck?
Old 07-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been in the same position and after some thought I chose to pay off a vehicle instead of adopting another potention repair bill on a used car. Since your f bod is getting older and light years away from ever appreciating in value I would get clear of the payment asap. You would probably come out ahead in the long run. With this jacked *** economy I would want to be as debt free as possible. my .02

Last edited by 1c62nv; 07-03-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, that's probably a good idea. One thing I didn't mention was that in about 3 months I'm getting a check that would pay off the T/A.
Honestly, I think my car would have gotten alot more $ a year ago. The car market isn't that great right now. It's a good time to be buying, not selling, and paying off cars, not putting it off.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:41 AM
Launching!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

If you can afford to keep the TA I would....as soon as you sell it you will regret it. I had to get rid of my Hawk for awhile & I missed it everyday, but I was fortunate that I sold it to a freind & he sold it back to me Just my .02
Old 07-05-2010, 11:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would buy the accord ONLY if you will for sure be getting that other check in the mail to pay off the TA. all i know is i was 17 when i bought my ss and i finished paying it off as fast as i could, and i did within the second year owning the car. I HATED having a car note expecially knowing that interests was taking extra money away each month.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1c62nv
I have been in the same position and after some thought I chose to pay off a vehicle instead of adopting another potention repair bill on a used car. Since your f bod is getting older and light years away from ever appreciating in value I would get clear of the payment asap. You would probably come out ahead in the long run. With this jacked *** economy I would want to be as debt free as possible. my .02

I agree 100%, with this crazy economy having a paid for car is way better than getting laid off with car payments. Getting out of debt with some money for emergencies is never a bad idea.