Fighting a ticket question

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 06:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fighting a ticket question

Ok so i got pulled over by HPD earlier this month. I got 4 tickets for expired inspection, no front plate, no insurance card, and illegal tint. I went down to the courthouse today and i got all 4 of them dismissed. I explained to the judge that my tint was not illegal and it passed inspection. She dismissed the ticket but still wanted me to pay the dismissal fee. I told her i wasnt paying a fee for a ticket i shouldnt have gotten in the first place. I now have a trial by judge set up for later next month. How should i go about proving my tint is not illegal? Will my inspection receipt be enough? Should i get an inspection shop to write something stating my tint is legal?

Edit: The fee was only $10 but thats not the point. Maybe im being hard headed but that ticket was complete bs.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:51 PM
Launching!

damn man how much is the dismal fee like 20$? now your going to take hours and hours out of your day for that?
Old 08-31-2010, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Haha actually man it was $10. I know im being hard headed and ill spend more money in gas than the cost of the fee. It just pissed me off so i decided to take a stand.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slohemi
Haha actually man it was $10. I know im being hard headed and ill spend more money in gas than the cost of the fee. It just pissed me off so i decided to take a stand.
Well that was stupid...
Old 08-31-2010, 07:30 PM
Teching In

I agree it was stupid. $10 isnt alot of money. The judge first told me she was going to waive the entire ticket. When i got my paperwork it showed i owed $10 for the tint. I asked the judge about it and she basically called me a liar. I asked why i should pay a fee for a ticket i should not have gotten and she told me to set up a trial date. I was heated and felt like proving a point. I know its a waste of my time/gas but w/e.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:44 PM
TECH Regular

Just pay the $10.But first wipe your *** with it.You Win!!!!!