SES light.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES light.

Is there anywhere around the DFW area that can tune out my SES light? I can't seem to get it to go away, Put a new starter on it, New 02 sensors, new spark plugs new wires, And it's still lit up.

Also I can't seem to post in classifieds yet, I'm looking for a SS hood 98-02 and a driver side fender for a 2002 Camaro, If anyone near DFW has or knows of someone.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you take the car to VatoZone and have them hook up their OBDII scanner to it and read the code. Once you figure out what the code is, you can fix the problem(s) instead of throwing money at it hoping to fix whatever is triggering the SES light.

this has gotta be me the funniest thing I've read in awhile... tuning out the SES light.
hahahaha.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:16 AM
Teching In

Gehh.. I was there a few hours ago, and got TWELVE codes. Cleared them, drove for close to 50 miles, no light now. It was telling me I had 6 o2 sensor codes, IAC, TACto PCM comms, a TON of stuff that would most likely be noticeable in the way the car runs. Don't always believe the SES light... Check it out first. A lot of times it can also just be a bad connection.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:05 AM
TECH Regular

To me the funniest part was that the starter didn't fix it. Maybe it needs a new battery, that always turned my SES off for a while.

Vernon
Old 10-24-2010, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Manic Mechanic
To me the funniest part was that the starter didn't fix it. Maybe it needs a new battery, that always turned my SES off for a while.

Vernon
HAHA... Good point, OP try that fix!
Old 10-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Super-Bat;14031169]Why don't you take the car to VatoZone and have them hook up their OBDII scanner to it and read the code. Once you figure out what the code is, you can fix the problem(s) instead of throwing money at it hoping to fix whatever is triggering the SES light.

this has gotta be me the funniest thing I've read in awhile... tuning out the SES light.
hahahaha.[/QUOT

Someone wanting to know how to tune a SES light out is funny? You must have a pretty pathetic life, Besides I have taken it to Auto zone before, Just says 02 sensors, Same as always. But thanks for nothing? haha.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MurderMaro
Gehh.. I was there a few hours ago, and got TWELVE codes. Cleared them, drove for close to 50 miles, no light now. It was telling me I had 6 o2 sensor codes, IAC, TACto PCM comms, a TON of stuff that would most likely be noticeable in the way the car runs. Don't always believe the SES light... Check it out first. A lot of times it can also just be a bad connection.

I've had that computer hooked up at Auto Zone, Says the same thing every time, 02 Sensors, But all of them have been changed. So it's not that.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KingTMD
Someone wanting to know how to tune a SES light out is funny? You must have a pretty pathetic life, Besides I have taken it to Auto zone before, Just says 02 sensors, Same as always. But thanks for nothing? haha.
Yes it is. Because you cant tune off the SES light itself. Not sure why anyone would want to anyway. You can tune out the codes that trigger the light though. It's just the way you worded it that made it amusing. Don't get too upset! lol.
Originally Posted by KingTMD
I've had that computer hooked up at Auto Zone, Says the same thing every time, 02 Sensors, But all of them have been changed. So it's not that.
Do you have LT Headers? Cats? What o2 Sensors are you using? Wires touching the exhaust?
If you can give us exact codes, we can help narrow it down to exact problems.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
Yes it is. Because you cant tune off the SES light itself. Not sure why anyone would want to anyway. You can tune out the codes that trigger the light though. It's just the way you worded it that made it amusing. Don't get too upset! lol.

Do you have LT Headers? Cats? What o2 Sensors are you using? Wires touching the exhaust?
If you can give us exact codes, we can help narrow it down to exact problems.
Well I ment tune out the codes, It's in the shop having paint and body work done at the moment.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Can you answer my questions? I among others would like to help you bud...
Old 10-25-2010, 12:27 PM
10 Second Club

Until you properly have the car professionally diagnosed and repaired the light will continue to come on, regardless of how much you delete it. The car is trying to tell you it needs attention. We have a shop in Arlington if you would like to properly have it repaired.

Last edited by fasttagurl; 10-26-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Re-phrased
Old 10-25-2010, 03:32 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just knowing they are "O2 codes" isn't enough....we may be able to help if you post the code numbers, all of them. Don't let Autozone employees tell you automatically you need new O2 sensors just because the code description says O2 sensor....it could be related but a perfectly good sensor!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 10-25-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Regular

I love to help people with car problems on the net, I could post hundreds or thousands of posts to prove it, but I won't throw pearls of wisdom to swine. If you have to force someone to accept advice they aren't worth it. The OP's already decided that his best course of action when he gets to it would be to have the light tuned off. So would someone near him recommend a shop that can take his money and do so, that's all he wants to know.

Venron