usps tracking problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 05:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default usps tracking problem

I sold a ptm 92mm last week and shipped on Thursday. I insured it and got signature confirmation. Well, I left the info at work and went back this monday to get the info and couldn't find the paper work I had on it. Well, after one day of not being on the computer the buyer opened a claim through paypal and tells me that he thinks this is a bad deal. Post office told me to go back friday afternoon if the package was still not delivered and they would open a claim. Do you guys know any other option on how to find the tracking number. I have my credit card statements and it shows the purchase at the usps store and has all sorts of numbers. Wouldn't there be a way to track the info down with the credit card statement?
Old 01-19-2011, 05:43 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

In my experience USPS is the worst company to work with on tracking, and lost packages. In the past it has taken us MONTHS to get lost package issues resolved. Asking for delivery confirmation and putting insurance on the packages means next to nothing to them. We prefer to ship through UPS because of these types of issues. Good luck with it.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:52 PM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by JohnJanz@Texas-Speed
In my experience USPS is the worst company to work with on tracking, and lost packages. In the past it has taken us MONTHS to get lost package issues resolved. Asking for delivery confirmation and putting insurance on the packages means next to nothing to them. We prefer to ship through UPS because of these types of issues. Good luck with it.
damn... that didn't help lol!
Oh well, if they can't find it, or he doesn't get it by friday I will ask him to drop the claim and I will reimburse him his money. I have a great trader rating and I have never had issues with anyone. This sucks ***, I will be out $300 this week.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnJanz@Texas-Speed
X1000. The post office is horrible at tracking packages. They do not update their website with the delivery confirmation numbers on a routine basis. That number is the only way to track the package. That only works if the post office actually scans the package. I ship alot of packages and the post office is cheaper for most, but the tracking issues are very stressfull I sent a buffer to a guy in California around Christmas time and it never showed up in the "tracking info" until it hit his post office for delivery. He is panicing and I get no help from the USPS. Luckily, I checked it one day (about 5 days after it should have arrived) just for grins and bam there it was out for delivery. You have to at least give the package the alloted time they say it needs to get there, whatever that is. The USPS will not even talk to you until then. Sorry for the rant. I know it's frustrating.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:08 PM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 10 Year

Yeah, I shipped it thursday and I was told it would be there by tuesday. Well, the buyer waited all day for it and it was a no show. I have been in his position before and it sucks waiting.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems to me the buyer jumped the gun on making a claim. Wait until next week before you settle the claim because the package is probably still in transit. I ship all my parts by USPS and I have never had a package lost in shipping in the 5+ years I've been using them for delivery.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:10 PM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by RedHotG8
It seems to me the buyer jumped the gun on making a claim. Wait until next week before you settle the claim because the package is probably still in transit. I ship all my parts by USPS and I have never had a package lost in shipping in the 5+ years I've been using them for delivery.
Yeah, I told him I felt it was a premature claim but I have been in his position and It does get frustrating. But then, again I waited it out and it all came out ok in then. I hope the buyer is a straight guy and uf he does get the part he is honest about it. I did tell him I was going to ship it out Monday but It took me till thursday to get my car back and it was in my back seat. So I shipped it that day on thursday.

Quick Reply: usps tracking problem