header builder dfw?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default header builder dfw?

I have run into some huge problems on my swap. I made my own motor mounts and have the engine in... now the exhuast is killing me.

Its an ls1 into a 240sx. Now with most swap kits out there people can use stock c6 headers . Now i went a different route and used car shop mounts and mounted the engine as low and far back as possible. (with help of moroso pan)

now my stock c6 headers flange are hitting my engine mount and will not seal against the engine. Im left with two options..

find someone who can weld a piece of pipe onto the cast and curve it past the steering column ending in a vband, and grind off the c6 bolt flanges

or have someone custom make me some cheap shorty headers. Why cheap and shorty? b/c this whole build started out as custom budget. and it has been great so far. I really dont feel like dropping 2k+ on custom built long tube headers. I would be perfectly fine with some shorty headers. I would even diy if i was good at welding. but im not.

I know lots of r&d goes into long tubes and runner lengths etc.. im looking for more of a stock type manifold (shorty) that i can get my swap done and get this car on the road.

heres some pics of what im dealing with