Anyone know if there is a "USA" version of this drilling wage schedule standard?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 08:16 AM
2TR
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Anyone know if there is a "USA" version of this drilling wage schedule standard?

http://www.caodc.ca/wage/wage_drilling.html
Old 10-27-2011, 08:33 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Drilling Crews Recommended Wage Schedule.

Why would you want a standard pay schedule? That would mean no opportunity to make more income, based on performance/tenure/badassery.

Every company will have different rates.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I have seen in the oilfield that would be a pretty good hike for most drilling crews in west texas. But I do agree that there shouldn't be a standard pay schedule. If you are a damn good hand someone will pay you the bucks to do the job. If you only have a year or two of experience and think that you should get payed the same as the 30 year hand... Yeah thats not going to happen. You may think you know what he does but most likely you dont have a clue.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Drilling Crews Recommended Wage Schedule.

Why would you want a standard pay schedule? That would mean no opportunity to make more income, based on performance/tenure/badassery.

Every company will have different rates.
Originally Posted by rabiddog
From what I have seen in the oilfield that would be a pretty good hike for most drilling crews in west texas. But I do agree that there shouldn't be a standard pay schedule. If you are a damn good hand someone will pay you the bucks to do the job. If you only have a year or two of experience and think that you should get payed the same as the 30 year hand... Yeah thats not going to happen. You may think you know what he does but most likely you dont have a clue.
That scale is base salary, obviously doesn't take into account the person and their experience. He is probably looking at the base incomes for comparison sake. He might want to check if his current job or offer is coming in high/low. OP I can't help you besides checking some job sites.