Has anybody seen this....

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Has anybody seen this....

Dont know if anybody has seen this or if it is a repost but seemed disrepectful to me. I havent served in the U.S service but I do respect those to do and this seems kinda unexected....

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...ps-in-landfill
Old 12-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Launching!

This news been out for a while,body parts that they have not been able to identified or connect to a soldier or find a family member. It's been sitting around in storage facility's across the nation for a long time,and after a while they get put thru a furnace and dispose in a proper land fill. I'm a veteran and I dont think is right, but what can they really do with it if nobody claims it.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Teching In

A landfill just sounds wrong. Could it not have been labeled differently? Is this a place where people can still pay some kind of respects or something if that nature.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the first time I've heard of this and it really pisses me off. So disrespectful!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

you would think our gov't could have done something more respectful for those who gave their lives for our country
Old 12-13-2011, 09:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DFas
This is the first time I've heard of this and it really pisses me off. So disrespectful!!!
This x100

This just leave me speechless..

For the women and men that served over seas or anywhere in the world for us this is not how you pay respect for the ones that served and died for us.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I dont like this either, did anyone see tha Pat Tilman story and all that? Like Pats brother said "he's Effin dead!" either way its a bad ending. They could of made a memorial and had all buried together with their servicemen brothers.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok this is kind of stupid IMO. i'm a marine and i really couldn't give a **** less if they wanted to dispose of my limb in a landfill. if i don't want it/don't claim it then what do you guys expect will happen? ok so they didn't feel like expending the effort to look through the records of some 6,300 ppl. welcome to the U.S. military, they routinely take a **** on their own people. and it's getting particularly bad now 'n days, the ignorant and incompetent are getting promoted and the smart ones are GTFO as fast as they can.

if you guys want to make a big deal about something how about the fact that a deployed service member makes somewhere in between the salary of a first year teacher and a first year police officer. and a civilian contractor that goes over there and does a similar job makes about triple to quadruple our salary.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Sad to see. I'm in the Navy currently and couldn't imagine my remains being dumped in a landfill somewhere. With tons of wasted funds being spent on dumb projects, the government could at lease provide a memorial site for those who suffer the ultimate sacrifice.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:02 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss

if you guys want to make a big deal about something how about the fact that a deployed service member makes somewhere in between the salary of a first year teacher and a first year police officer. and a civilian contractor that goes over there and does a similar job makes about triple to quadruple our salary.
Ehh. The military is already paid more than the government can afford. Wanna serve your country? Re-up. Wanna make money? Get out.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HTX
Ehh. The military is already paid more than the government can afford. Wanna serve your country? Re-up. Wanna make money? Get out.

yeah...that used to **** me off that the contractor working on camp Fallujah made 120k per year and never left the wire, but I would go out on patrol for peanuts....but then I could have gotten out after my first deployment and went back making 120k but I didnt....
Old 12-14-2011, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

oh ...and about the dumping deal....the families are notified when the remains are are disposed of initially and have the option to be notified should any other remains surface. Most families waive the right to be notified. I agree maybe there should be a more respectful place to maybe bury said parts with a memorial...but I dont want my family bothered because they found something years after the fact.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:05 PM
TECH Regular

If you think thats bad....

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/20...ation-121311w/