Binswinger windshield replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Binswinger windshield replacement?

I got a crack in my windshield today. I did a couple searches on here for local shops to replace the window. I found a place called binswanger. I called em up they said they will do it for 247. I asked what type of glass the told me pgw without the stamp. Does that sound correct? I dont want any chinese crap. I want as close to factory as i can get. An i dont want them to tear my car up in the process. Has anybody else had experience with this shop? I attached a pic below of crack im not familiar with wondow repair but i dont think it can be repaired even though its not that bad. thx for any info.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:52 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

We used them 10+ years ago to replace a window in a car we had, traded that car in a few weeks ago and that glass was still fine
Old 04-17-2012, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I used to work for Binswanger Glass here in SA. That is definitely not repairable and must be replaced. All the brands they offer is pretty much what you get from a dealer but a different stamp that will probably cost you an extra $500 or more. Good thing about them is that they are nationwide and offer lifetime warranty on their work. Let's say you are accross the country and start having an air/water leak in your windshield you can take it to the nearest branch and have it repaired for free.

On a side note, Binswanger is kinda pricey.