Stars of nascar toyota series mexico set for truck racing at houston motorsports park

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 11:06 PM
HMP
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stars of nascar toyota series mexico set for truck racing at houston motorsports park

With some of the best short track truck racing in the country, it is no wonder that drivers from around the world want to come and be a part of the action at Houston Motorsports Park.
That will be the case when the green flag flies for Fiesta's Fast Blast, set for Saturday, June 23 at HMP. Drivers Carlos Peralta and Freddy Tame, Jr., who compete regularly in the NASCAR Toyota Series in Mexico will be on hand and racing for the win in the NASCAR BWFS 360 Truck Series race.
The Mexican drivers, backed by HMP regular driver and owner Jim Nides, won't take long to fit right in with their fellow competitors.
“I don't think the racers at HMP will do, or need to do, anything different than they do for every race,” Nides said. “Carlos, and hopefully Freddie, will be driving Trucks that the other drivers have raced against before. I don't think the prestige of driving in the NASCAR Mexico Series affect the HMP racers once the race starts. At that point, we're all the same and Carlos will, just like I would, drive his truck aggressively (because it's a natural competitive response), but with a great deal of respect. He, and hopefully Freddie, are there to race and have fun. Nothing more or nothing less.”
Both men, who drive for 2b Racing, have over 100 starts in the Mexico series. And while Tame has two poles,, eight top 3s, 18 top 5s and 40 top 10s, it is Peralta that has finished in the top 10 in nearly half his starts.
In 103 starts, Peralta has 51 top 10 finishes, as well as 11 top 5s and two top 3s.
“Carlos, like most all Mexican racers has more road racing experience,” Nides said. “Ovals and NASCAR racing is relatively new in Mexico. However, when you watch these guys race, you quickly figure out they are ever bit as talented as any racer in the U.S.”
This season, both drivers had their best finishes of the year in the last race, the fifth of the season – a seventh for Peralta and a ninth for Tame, Jr.
For the year, Peralta is 10th and Tame, Jr. is 11th in the standings.
But with an off week, the duo will be trying their hand at short track racing in Texas. Peralta will be in the No. 8.5 that Nides usually drives, while Tame, Jr.'s truck has yet to be determined.
“My objective was, and always has been, to help HMP in any way I can for a few simple reasons,” Nides said. “I've enjoyed my racing experience so much and love the sights, sounds, smells and adrenalin that it offers. Plus, I appreciate the new friends I've made in the Texas racing community and feel I owe them something in return if there's any way I can help because I have been blessed with a few more resources and opportunities.
“Hometown tracks like HMP struggle in the current economic environment to survive. I'd like to help HMP be around for a long time. I must confess that it's really selfish on my part because I'd hate to have my Saturday night 'rush' disappear.”
Tickets are available at Fiesta Mart for $5 or $12 at the track, with children 12 and under still free. HMP also offers $1 hot dogs, $1 cokes and $1 beer all night long.
Gates will open at 4 p.m., with racing set to begin at 6 p.m. on schedule that includes racing in the NASCAR Fiesta Modifieds, NASCAR Stock Cars, Ecostocks, Legends and Bandoleros, to go along with the night's NASCAR BWFS 360 Truck Series race.
“It is going to be a great night of racing,” said John Mandabach, vice president and general manager at Houston Motorsports Park. “To have a pair of racers like Carlos Peralta and Freddy Tame, Jr., come up from Mexico during their off week and compete should only make the night's truck race even better. The fans are definitely in dumfor a treat.”
HMP is a state of the art complex, situated in a park like setting inside Beltway 8, on the North-East side of Houston, only 20 minutes from downtown and 20 minutes from Bush Intercontinental Airport.
For more information on racing at HMP, visit www.houstonmotorsportspark.com or call 281-458-1972. If you want information on Fiesta go to www.fiestamart.com, see www.360motorsports.com for info on 360 Motorsports and www.bwfsindustries.com for info regarding BWFS Industries LLC.