Tell me how easy, hard...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Tell me how easy, hard...

Your LT1 to LS1 install was....? Can i do it in my garage? Do i need to change the cradle? Instrument harness? Or just ECM? Very familiar w both platforms ( as i own both) just needing some opinions, experiences.

Also... should i keep the LT1 (for now) i will be adding headers... ( long tubes,mid's?)

Thanks...
Old 12-14-2012, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hardest part is splicing the two harnesses together, everything else is pretty much bolt right on.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Teching In

as far as removing and replacing engine in the garage, i did mine with a cherry picker..unbolted all necessary bolts from body, fuel lines, wires and such, and lifted the car with cherry picker and slid the whole engine and suspension out from under the car...
Old 12-14-2012, 12:00 PM
Launching!

Yeah you can do it in your garage, Ive been doing mine in my 2 car garage for about 3 years now. Yes, you need to change the "cradle" (K-Member) and the steering rack and steering elbow with the LS1 power steering feed and return lines. Also youll need a 98 ECM and harness or 99-02 ECM and harness and will need to be spliced into the car with 5 connectors on the PS of the engine bay... There are many ways to do it...

Hopefully the car you're putting it into is worth the work and trouble though. Its taken me a lot longer than i would have ever thought.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

F*** it... I'll just leave the LT1 in it... lol..... It's a 97 SS

Already have an LS1 in my Firehawk...

Originally Posted by ORedRoc4
Yeah you can do it in your garage, Ive been doing mine in my 2 car garage for about 3 years now. Yes, you need to change the "cradle" (K-Member) and the steering rack and steering elbow with the LS1 power steering feed and return lines. Also youll need a 98 ECM and harness or 99-02 ECM and harness and will need to be spliced into the car with 5 connectors on the PS of the engine bay... There are many ways to do it...

Hopefully the car you're putting it into is worth the work and trouble though. Its taken me a lot longer than i would have ever thought.

Quick Reply: Tell me how easy, hard...