Black C6 spotted at the old Naval Air Station Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 03:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black C6 spotted at the old Naval Air Station Dallas

I'm from NC doing some work for the week here at the old NAS dallas. I was working outside yesterday and saw a black c6 vette with black wheels and a polished lip roll by. Had a nasty sounding cam.

Just wondering if you're a member on here. Badass car.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They're everywhere around here!!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:27 PM
Launching!

THATS MY DAD!
car is on my avatar!
He works in the old naval station..we both work for the city of dallas he coordinates the City Of Dallas equipment salvage yard.
The city bought that land...im not going to say it officially..but that old airstrip sure is long and fun to drive on!
zr-1fenders now sport the front along with the front splitter.
wheels are by HRE
we just recently installed that cam flattened the old one out.
new ls7 lifters and bearings also installed last week.
motor is worn out it has WCC ported ls7 heads and a nitrous outlet single plate with small pills.
exhaust is dynatech longs with borla breathing the rest of the way.
runs pretty good on the highway and has seen a 6.40 inthe 1/8 mile on dots/shifting the tr6060.

Are you one of the guys working in the old hangars? What are yall doing ?I hope they dont knock em down they look too cool, and that one that says Texas Naval Air Station is from that famous pic of george bush when he was stationed there and got busted using cocaine.
the city uses that land for multiple things, SWAT runs drills in some of those buildings when you enter the facilty, and DPD uses the airstrip to practice driving for new recruits.

Last edited by Luckymex_dallas; 01-15-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

NICE! Small world haha. I saw it from a distance just for a minute while he drove around, but it looks just good as it sounds.

We enter the old large hanger just for a little bit. That place is littered with groundwater monitoring wells that we work on. As far as the DPD, I did see all of the 1230904 cop cars on the tarmac haha. Whats the deal with that lake out there? I've heard from locals on multiple occasions that there aren't any fish but I see people fishing out there all the time.

Quick Reply: Black C6 spotted at the old Naval Air Station Dallas